Monday, April 13, 2009

Friends make me Happy!!!

Friends make me sooooo happy! I think everyone needs to have great friends!! I have been so lucky to have met some really wonderful girls here Texas and to be able to do such fun things makes it even better... Last weekend Jen and I went to Austin, Tx- that's right y'all!! We stayed at a fabulous resort called Barton Creek and it was amazing. This was the first time I have gotten away with friends for over a year!! We took in the fanatastic weather and conquered all the shopping there was=) We even went to the good ole Crawfish festival- yummy!! I really needed this time away without being MOM... who doesn't-REALLY! I am so lucky that my mom and dad were able to keep the kiddos for me for the weekend, and well let's face it they had a blast too. Grandparents always are FUN!! So at the end of our great weekend I was not only sleep deprived but left with TONS of memories, thanks to you Jen and all who joined us that great weekend!! And then there was this past weekend where i got to have LOTS and LOTS of Laughs, silly jokes, Great one liners, kids movies, a few tears, and well did i mention LAUGHS!! Jill,Jamie( yes another one)me and another woman i just met all went for Girls Night OUT..and what Fun we Had!! These girls are so much Fun and so dang nice- love to go out with them, i think we laugh the entire time we are out... Jill is Tallyn's Karate Teacher and this is how we have been able to meet eachother. Tallyn just loves her and she is sooo great with all the kiddos. I have had such great new lessons taught to me through this chapter of my life and if i thought life was fine... Well let me rephrase...I did so much complaining in the past and one thing i have learned is that if you just sit around and compalin all the time you will never be able to see what really is happening and all the good things there are to enjoy, and all the great people you can meet. So I have decided to get off my rear end and not complain about what I don't have and Enjoy ALL that I DO HAVE, and life is so much more FUN and much more worth while!! I really love living here in Texas and I am so glad that I have been able to experience life here and I so enjoy all the great things this State has to offer... I especially just love how KIND TEXANS are, I tell the kiddos all the time that we are so lucky to live here and to be surrounded by such happy, loving, caring people, and that we should take their example into our lives too. With all the good we know heart ache is out there and I will be the first to admit "the grass isn't always greener on the other side". As I have lived these past 9 months a single woman i have learned many things.. 1.My husband was not as bad as I thought.. 2.A lonely life is a sad Life, 3. I miss having someone to talk about the good and the bad, 4. I miss having my FAMILY as a whole. Well there is many more but I will not bore you with the details... I find myself every now and then tearing up over the simplest things or even the big things- Seriously- I really don't understand the rollercoaster of emotions. I think the biggest sadness is that my kids don't get to share all the things they are doing with one of the most important persons in their lives..Their DAD!! I feel so sad when i think if the shoe was on the other foot I don't think I could not see my kiddos grow a little bit everyday... Tallyn and Skyler change so much everyday, weither it be their funny faces, silly voices,Skyler's hair growing long again( she makes me measure everyday and also makes me swear not to cut it off again), or Tally getting so tall and loving Karate and also being so much SMARTER than his MOM, etc... Somedays I just sit back and start to weep when I look at my kids and think before I know it they will be all grown up and gone living their own lives--Why didn't this WARNING come stamped when they were born? I love the unit a FAMILY makes and MISS so much what FAMILY really should mean and Wish I could have my cute Little House Back, with my cute niehgbors, and my cute husband(well men don't like cute but whatever, they are) and my cute little everything back and not take for granted all the silly things i let get me down... I told Scott last night on the phone I wish I could be happy having a simple Life and not be influenced by material wants and needs, and let me tell you the LAUGHTER that came from his mouth was halarious... he said"Jaime you cannot ever live a simple life you would get bored". I felt so bad that i had let so many oustside things influence my daily life, that really if i could go back I wish I could live in a little town have alot of land with some horses and just BE happy with what i had not what I didn't.. Life lessons are always good what you do with them is even better. I know that I want to be a better friend to all and want a little less then maybe I will LIVE a little more... I know baby steps are good but necessary..

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Jaime - that is a hard lesson for everyone. I think it's just human nature to want more and better. It's when you know you want it, but don't have to HAVE it that it makes tings simpler. You're so cute - we wished you still lived here. Graham walked by your house with me today and said "I miss Skylar, mom."

Kristen said...

I just spelled her name wrong - sorry, it's late!